Sunday, June 2, 2013

Welcome to 28...


I spent last night catching up with several old friends, this summer we're all officially entering our "late 20's." I've got one month until the big 2-8. This Farmer's Daughter happens to be the only one who is still single in the group, which has all of the older generation completely baffled. 

Yet we singletons get it, at least E and I do. 

Stumbled across this e-card and had to laugh at the truth. My wedding count for the next year is seven thus far. Oh yea, you read that right, seven weddings in 12 months. I'll be standing up in three and sitting down for four. Two of those have already informed me that since I'm not seeing anyone, I'll not be able to bring a date. The weddings aren't until next April/May.... that's saying a lot for their confidence in my potential dating capabilities. 

Although with the dating stories I alone could tell you, not to mention those from E, they are probably actually justified in their assumptions  Our stories would have tears running down your face in moments, both the funny ha-ha tears and the tears of stories that hit too close to home. And everyone has stories; life would be bland without them. It would just be ideal if there wasn't more often than not a painful price tag associated with those experiences… 

I say, bring on the Year of the Weddings. 

It's a good thing I have my responses memorized for all the age old cliches I'm sure to hear, maybe, just maybe, I'll turn them into a drinking game! I am after all not too old for that yet.... right?!

~FD

No comments:

Post a Comment