Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Little Black Sheep

I've spent most of my life as the black sheep in my family, ironic and slightly fitting as the Farmer's Daughter. But as I've gotten older, grown closer with some family members, and drifted farther from others, I've realized that being that little black sheep isn't a bad thing. At least I'm true to my status. 


E and I have shared several laughs over the years of our black sheep status, because if you don't laugh, you'll just cry. Incredibly, while we hold the black sheep status, the white sheep aren't as white as they pretend to be.  E's family has their fair share of crazy, and mine, well I'm pretty sure they have an underground garage of crazy! 

It started with my being too independent, too stubborn, and having too good of a head on my shoulders. I never realized those were bad traits. But the real kicker seems to be that I'm 28 and still single.  The horror!  I was informed one Christmas by a cousin, who by the way is working on wedding number 2, that I need to find a man so I'm no longer a disgrace to the family, I'll get right on that.

~FD
 

No comments:

Post a Comment