Sunday, June 2, 2013

Oreos, Sweatpants, Netflix, and a Polish Wedding...




Why is it that singletons are okay with it but the rest of society is determined that we will "find the right guy" anytime soon?

There are many nights when I enjoy staying in with my cutoff yoga pants on, popcorn (and milk) for a snack--don't question it, and Harry Potter on TV. Yes, E is a Harry Potter fan, sue me. My couch is comfy and I have a nice size flat screen TV (42") in the living room, who wouldn't like to relax?

FD and I have numerous stories that back this up but I'll start with this one.

So I went to a friend's wedding last summer, a Polish wedding with about 300 other guests. My friend and his wife asked if I'd mind coming alone since I wasn't dating anyone--totally fine, I'm used to going solo. Another of his single guests brought a friend as her "date" and I don't think she had it any different. From my friend's Polish inlaws, "how can a girl your age still be single?" "He's out there waiting, you'll find your prince." "Do you like being single?" "Oh honey, don't worry age is just a number." "Hope you catch the flowers, they are like magic..." um, yeah, at least they meant well. The other friend that brought a "date" was asked about 15 times how long they'd been seeing each other, when they planned to tie the knot, and if she was looking forward to starting a family. Lots of alcohol later and we all had a blast. Oh and my friends that got married--they're doing awesome and have adopted a dog together :). I'm still single with dogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment